How to Run Effective Meetings
From the Harvard Business Review
I discovered a cool Condensed Guide to Running Effective Meetings, and wanted to share its seven, research-based tips with you. Follow these guidelines and watch your meetings improve!
1. Keep the meeting as small as possible.
2. Ban devices.
3. Keep it as short as possible – no longer than an hour.
4. Meet standing up.
5. Make sure everyone participates, and call on those who don’t.
6. Never hold a meeting just to update people.
7. Always set an agenda out ahead of time. Be clear about the purpose of the meeting.
The entire article is illuminating and helpful. Read it.
I have helped hundreds of organizations and thousands of professionals run more productive meetings. See a workshop overview.